The Leading Strategic Partner in Seabed-to-Surface Engineering, Construction and Services.
Seaway Offshore Cables (SOC) is an experienced submarine cable and subsea umbilical installation, repair and maintenance contractor serving the worldwide offshore oil and gas as well as renewable energy industries. SOC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Subsea 7, a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the global oil and gas as well as offshore renewable energy industries. Our core values are safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration and our vision is to be acknowledged by our clients, our people, and our shareholders, as the leading strategic partner in seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services.
Are you looking for a challenge in a dynamic international work environment within a small but growing organisation in Leer, Germany? And are you passionate about your field of expertise?
We are looking for a highly motivated person with a caring, committed and competitive attitude to fulfil the position of:
Electrical Engineer (m/f)
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Review technical drawings and specifications of submarine cables to ensure that these fulfill the requirements of the scope of work and are technically compliant and complete in line with project and company’s specifications as well as applicable QHSE requirements
- Support the tender process
- Support project execution preparations
- Prepare project specific drawings, such as block, singe-line and connection diagrams
- Assist with project budgets, estimates and other calculations
- Assist with the preparation of the project specific scope of work documentation
- Analyse and report incurred or planned deviations
- Prepare procedures for and participate installation and commissioning works
- Perform inspections and witness Factory Acceptance Tests
- Perform root cause analysis of major breakdown and evaluate potential impact
- Assist with closeout of HAZOP actions
- Degree in Electrical Engineer or similar qualification, e.g. technical electrician
- 3 – 5 years experience in medium and/or high voltage sector, preferably with cable systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office, AutoCAD and electrical software packages
- Fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing), preferably also in German and/or Dutch language
- Keen and analytical with hands-on attitude
- Team player with good communication skills
We offer an informal work atmosphere and interesting challenges with opportunities for further development in a dynamic international environment and secondary benefits.
Kindly apply to our Human Resource Department via email@example.com.