The Leading Strategic Partner in Seabed-to-Surface Engineering, Construction and Services.
Seaway Offshore Cables (SOC) is an experienced submarine cable and subsea umbilical installation, repair and maintenance contractor serving the worldwide offshore oil and gas as well as renewable energy industries. SOC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Subsea 7, a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the global oil and gas as well as offshore renewable energy industries. Our core values are safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration and our vision is to be acknowledged by our clients, our people, and our shareholders, as the leading strategic partner in seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services.
Are you looking for a challenge in a dynamic international work environment within a small but growing organisation in Leer, Germany? And are you passionate about your field of expertise?
We are looking for a highly motivated person with a caring, committed and competitive attitude to fulfil the position of:
Senior Planning Engineer (m/f/d)
The Senior Planning Engineer is part of the Commercial Department (WIN Team) and is responsible for implementing, managing and maintaining project schedules for multiple engineering and construction projects, from tender phase through the life cycle of the projects.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day management of project plans, supervise Planning Engineers
- Responsible for assuring capacity allocation to internal clients (Operations, Project Management, Tender) as well as maintaining service levels for ad-hoc services
- Responsible for project planning and scheduling, monitoring, updating and quality review
- Establish operating policies
- Provide guidance and consultation for Project Managers
- Participate in monthly business reviews to support the Management and Project Managers
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Lead reporting of schedule performance throughout project life cycle
- Ensure the appropriate level of schedule controls are in place to comply with the Delegation of Authority or Internal Controls policies
- Assists project team in resolution of issues involving schedule and scope changes and delay events
- Support common methods and standard reporting format for reports
- Conduct post project audits to collect actual data versus estimated data for the purpose of making adjustments to estimating assumptions and processes
- Degree in e.g. Civil Engineering or Business Administration, certified Project Management Professional (PMI) or equivalent has preference
- Project Control experience of 5 – 10 years in the offshore business, with background project scheduling and/or cost control
- Fully conversant in English verbally and in writing is a requirement, German as preference
- Strong computer skills including Primavera, Excel and affiliate software.
- Proficiency in cost principles and methods including:
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Change Management/Risk Assessment
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Earned Value Systems
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple/changing priorities
- Exceptional analytical skills to effectively evaluate project performance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Kindly apply by clicking here