The Leading Strategic Partner in Seabed-to-Surface Engineering, Construction and Services.
Seaway Offshore Cables (SOC) is an experienced submarine cable and subsea umbilical installation, repair and maintenance contractor serving the worldwide offshore oil and gas as well as renewable energy industries. SOC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Subsea 7, a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the global oil and gas as well as offshore renewable energy industries. Our core values are safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration and our vision is to be acknowledged by our clients, our people, and our shareholders, as the leading strategic partner in seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services.
Are you looking for a challenge in a dynamic international work environment within a small but growing organisation in Leer, Germany? And are you passionate about your field of expertise?
We are looking for a highly motivated person with a caring, committed and competitive attitude to fulfil the position of:
Senior Project Engineer (m/f)
The Senior Project Engineer is part of the Engineering section, within the Technical Department. The Senior Project Engineer is an all-encompassing role to cover the project(s) from the design phase right through to execution offshore. With sufficient experience and knowledge gained (in depth and general) and proven capability in the field, the Project Engineer may be eligible for the role of Senior Project Engineer at the discretion of the supervisor and Management.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Act as a senior counterpart for the Project Manager, Project Team and other Stakeholders;
- Contributing creative and innovative ideas to ensure the most competitive offer and the most efficient and safe method of execution;
- Guidance/support/review for the following aspects in the technical support of project engineering activity:
- Preparation of technical solution method statement(s) incl. selection of suitable assets with the support of Technical Department;
- Preparation of Technical Question (TQ’s) and Request for Information (RfI’s);
- Completion of engineering calculations (where appropriate/suitable);
- Preparation of responses to technical clarifications following project meetings.
- Delegate and monitor individual work load of Project Engineers assigned to project team;
- Prepare project specific drawings, procedures (e.g. installation procedures, task risk assessment, work methods, etc.); for the projects and tenders;
- Warrant that the engineering procedures / plans comply with contractual- industry- and local requirements;
- Preparing scopes for subcontracts and review & evaluate subcontracts;
- Review, prepare planning for project preparation and execution;
- Operationally assist with project execution preparations/processes;
- Identify and arrange project equipment/materials requirements;
- Prepare and arrange for all administrative tasks on project base, as required.
- Develop plans and procedures to improve existing engineering processes, procedures and working methods;
- Contributing creative and innovative ideas to ensure the most competitive offer and the most efficient and safe method of execution.
- BSc/MSc degree with a technical and/or electrical engineering background;
- 5+ years relevant experience in the marine/offshore sector in similar position;
- Experience in engineering, design and AutoCAD;
- Fully conversant in English verbally and in writing;
- Resourceful and problem solving abilities;
- A team leader with practical approach and good communication skills;
- Social team player with hands-on attitude;
- Keen and analytical;
We offer an informal work atmosphere and interesting challenges with opportunities for further development in a dynamic international environment and secondary benefits.
Kindly apply to our Human Resource Department via email@example.com.