The Leading Strategic Partner in Seabed-to-Surface Engineering, Construction and Services.
Seaway Offshore Cables (SOC) is an experienced submarine cable and subsea umbilical installation, repair and maintenance contractor serving the worldwide offshore oil and gas as well as renewable energy industries. SOC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Subsea 7, a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the global oil and gas as well as offshore renewable energy industries. Our core values are safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration and our vision is to be acknowledged by our clients, our people, and our shareholders, as the leading strategic partner in seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services.
Are you looking for a challenge in a dynamic international work environment within a small but growing organisation in Leer, Germany? And are you passionate about your field of expertise?
We are looking for a highly motivated person with a caring, committed and competitive attitude to fulfil the position of:
Tender Controller (m/f/d)
The Tender Controller is responsible for handling the estimating portion of the tender process, satisfying client requirements and ensuring that planning, procurement and risk factors are all taken into consideration when compiling offers. Working in close cooperation with the tender engineering team, the relevant planning as well as the Commercial Director or Tender Manager, the Tender Controller shall develop competitive commercial offers for the company’s clients.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Responsible for identification, recording and implementation of the customer’s commercial requirements in the tender phase
- Responsible for the costing and estimating portion of all offers during the tender and negotiation phase, including the attendance at all relevant meetings required and to ensure compliance with the process.
- Responsible for creating payment plans and cash flow estimates for the offers
- Creation of pricing formats (incl. commercial frameworks) for subcontractors to assist supply chain management procedures
- Responsible for the commercial quality of the offers produced by the tender team as submitted to the customers, including correctness of data
- Responsible for ensuring that all commercial obligations under contract are risk assessed at tender stage prior to submission.
- Prepare all relevant commercial and financial documents relevant for management approval meetings and handover of projects that have been won to the operations department.
- Responsible for including “Best Practice and Lessons Learned” as well as redefining the standard costing procedures based on actuals from previous projects, updated company requirements or market regulations into the tender process
- Responsible for the accurate document storage of his/her work using the company’s document management system
- Degree in Commercial, Ocean, Mechanical, Industrial or Civil Engineering
- Ideally 2 – 4 years relevant experience in commercial sector (preferably marine/offshore) and experience in cost control
- Excellent oral and written communicative skills in the English and preferably German language
- Good knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel) and preferably SAP
- Solid commercial sense and business acumen
- Resourceful and strategic thinker
- Willing to travel to a limited extent
- Time management and stress resistant
- Communicative and willing to learn
Kindly apply by clicking here